NARFE-PAC protects NARFE members' pay and benefits by raising and spending money to elect members of Congress who support the federal community.
NARFE-PAC contributions also helps build strong relationships with lawmakers, a key component to winning legislative fights.
During the 2017-2018 election cycle, 32,204 NARFE members contributed $1,895,908 to NARFE-PAC, which includes 209 monthly sustainer contributions.
- The average contributor gave $58.87.
- NARFE-PAC gave a total of $1,104,250 for political purposes.
- $914,250 to 108 Congressional candidates, of which 94 won, 7 lost, 3 retired, two decided to run for another office and 2 were not in cycle.
- So over 87% recipients of NARFE-PAC won - not bad.
- In California, 2,009 members contributed $138,772.50; and 69 members are making monthly sustainer contributions.
Make an investment in protecting your earned benefits by supporting NARFE-PAC today!
Contribute with your credit card to be a monthly sustainer of NARFE-PAC!
For the California Federation, the procedure for disbursing NARFE-PAC funds
- begins when NARFE Headquarters receives requests from Congressional offices
- requests are forwarded to each pertinent Federation PAC Coordinator
- coordinator, then, sends the request to the DVP servicing the Congressional District area, who, in turn, sends to the chapter(s) involved for approval
- Chapters advise the DVP of their decision; the DVP advises the Federation PAC Coordinator, who in turn advises HQ of the decision.